Doorway to Hope 2013 Highlights
Distributed over 20 Clean Water Filters to schools and churches, providing clean water for approximately 2,000 people. In Western Samar, we were able to dig a clean water well for a community of 500 people through our partnership with Crosswalk Community Church in Sunnyvale.
Livelihood Sewing Program established in four villages
Baptized 22 people, and established Light of the World Church in the Alegria community
Provided 50 kilos of Rice to Living Rock Bible College in Calbayog
Weekly basketball outreach ministry started to reach youth and young adults
Created a Friday evening Community Prayer Service following Typhoon Yolanda. All denominations are welcome with over 50 people attending.
Typhoon Yolanda Relief Efforts
Held first “Free Clinic” in Alegria – Medical, Optical, Dental
- Medical services (blood pressure and wound care)
- Medicines (for infections, high blood pressure, pain relief, and fevers)
- Five wooden fishing boats purchased for livelihood in Eastern Samar
- Food and shelter distributed to local families
- Provided reading glasses for those that needed them
- Provided special optical lenses for patients with severe eye problems
- Provided medicines as prescribed by medical doctor and dentist
- Provided dental check-ups and tooth extractions for over 100 people
We want thank everyone for your past and future generious donatons. Since Doorway to Hope is a non-profit organizaton your contributions as they are an important
part of our success story. Even a small donation goes a long way to helping others that are less fortunate.
Find out how you can make a difference ...